Prescribing Controlled Substances Course
- Section 481.07635 of the Health and Safety Code requires each active optometric glaucoma specialist licensed prior to September 1, 2020, to complete this course on or before September 1, 2021.
- Each active optometric glaucoma specialist licensed after September 1, 2020, must complete the course within one year of the initial optometric glaucoma specialist license date.
- This is a one-time education requirement.
UHCO offers this course in the following formats:
Take this course any time, anywhere by purchasing it individually under our “Online Courses” navigation. If you do not have an existing online account with us, you'll need to create one in order to complete the purchase. Accounts can be created by following the prompts on the right side of the Online Courses page.
This login system is different than the online CE system. If you have taken a live course with us, but not registered for a live course online, your login informaion will be as follows:
- Username: Your OE Tracker Number (Don't know your number? Find it here!)
- Password: Your first name and last name initals, both lower cased, and your zip code
- (Ex: ce77204)
- Still having trouble logging in? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our CE in Dallas Goes Virtual program to be held via LIVE Webinar on June 12-13, 2021. This program will offer 16 hours of CE including the Controlled Substances, Opioid and PR courses on Sunday Afternoon. There are various registration options available for this course. If you wish to only complete the Texas Requirements hours, select the "4 Hours with Texas Requirements" option and the Sunday PM session in the workshop listing. The login information is the same as mentioned in the Texas Requirement Series above.
Contact us for more information about this course, as well as other CE offerings, at email@example.com or 713-743-1900.