For tecnical support and additional questions regarding earning online CE credit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions and technical support are available during standard business hours, M-F 9 am to 5 pm (CST). UHCO will closed for the semester break at 5 pm on December 20th and re-open on January 2nd. Support will not be available during the semester break.
A printable Certificate of Completion will be issued directly to you once you successfully pass the exam associated with your on-line coursework. Certificates are available through your on-line account and can be accessed by logging into your account at any time.
ALL ON-LINE CE PARTICIPANTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUBMITTING THEIR CERTIFICATES OF COMPLETION DIRECTLY TO THEIR STATE BOARD OF OPTOMETRY TO RECEIVE CREDIT.
- Discover Card Holders: The system does not accept Discover Card.
- American Express Holders: The four digit security code can be found on the front of the your card.
Our courses are COPE (Council on Optometric Practitioner Education) approved and accepted nationwide for license renewal, with the exception of The Glaucoma Specialist Course, which only has Texas Optometry Board approval. A reference list of State CE Requirements can be found on the COPE website at www.arbo.org/cope. Not all states accept internet courses for CE credit, therefore we advise you to check with your State Board of Optometry for complete eligibility requirements. Course descriptions are available on the Online Course List Page.
To receive credit for any of our online courses:
- Setup a Registered User's account
- Purchase a Course
- View the Course
- Complete & Submit the Course Exam to be graded
- Pass the Post-Course Exam with a grade of 70% or higher
- Print out your Certificate of Completion and submit that certificate directly to your State Board of Optometry to receive credit
You will be notified if you do not pass the exam with a grade of 70% or higher. An alternate exam will be available to retake at no additional charge.
Listed below are the minimum PC and Macintosh requirements you need to run the online CE presentations. It is your responsibility to meet the minimum requirements.
- Browser: Internet Explorer 6.5 + or Mozilla Firefox 2 + (Apple Safari is not supported)
- Screen Resolution: 1024 X 768
- Broadband Internet Connection: A minimum of 1.5 mb download speed per second (Basic AT&T DSL service). Any speed LOWER than the prescribed bandwidth speed will decrease the quality of the service.
We do not recommend using a wireless connection to complete online coursework.